Register    Log in  Reply Start A New Topic View Topics
 Author   Message 
vanessa

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:54 am
JazzSailor wrote:
vanessa wrote:

Hi,
I`m Vanessa from Poland. I`m new here, but Kurt is my vocal hero since first gig in Poland in 2005.
Greetings to all Kurt `s people. Very Happy

Hi, Vanessa

I live in Chicago and want to suggest to you to also check out a Polish jazz singer that also plays at the Green Mill quite often...her name is Grazyna Auguscik...John McLean who is touring with Kurt and is on the new CD has played with her many times. She returns to Poland and tours so keep your eye out for her. She is wonderful.

Hi David,
thank you - it`s nice. I know Grazyna and her music. My friend made a picture for one of her cds.World is really small and I`m so sorry than Green Mill is so far away from me...Gree Smile tings

tadatlaw

Re: Introduce Yourself thread
Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:06 pm
Hi all: I just saw KE in Ann Arbor (2/8/11) for the first time. WDET's Ed Love has always featured him on his show over the years.

I am still high on the show after 2 weeks. Amazing music. I began studying with it in the background and I just feel better with his voice in the background.

I was vexed with a sensitive professional problem, but I found the answer on the night of the show. Thanks.

The Gate is a great album, KE is a legend and I am lucky to heard him and the Quartet.

Tim Dinan
Detroit

original: jazz_girl wrote:
The jazz_girl started this great thread with the idea of having all the new and returning members introduce themselves a bit. So here's the original thread for your scrolling pleasure! Please continue to add to it!

INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD

jazz_girl

Posted: 11 April 2006 at 11:24pm |

Hi everyone!

I thought this could be a thread to introduce yourselves if you are new to the forum! I have been a Kurt fan for a while and I was on the old forum but didnt post overly much! Just wanted to say hi!

Cheers

Jilly

Rev

Posted: 12 April 2006 at 12:15am |

Okay.
Hi, I'm Rev, and this is where I shoot off my fat mouth.

jazz_girl

Posted: 12 April 2006 at 1:03am |

Hi Rev!

Cheryl-Philly

Posted: 13 April 2006 at 12:12pm |

Hi Jazz_Girl,
Hi Rev,

I'm Cheryl from Philly. I'm not new to the forum either, but it's nice to get to know your "neighbors" Smile

Rev - nice portfolio.

C.

Egle

Posted: 13 April 2006 at 12:49pm |

Hello everyone:)
i'd like to exchange greetings and say that it was really great to hear Kurt singing in my country yesterday:)oh, so nice:)

Rev

Posted: 13 April 2006 at 6:48pm |

Thanks Cheryl! I didn't realize I'd
get so much advertising by including that url in my profile.

DamonC

Posted: 14 April 2006 at 1:08pm |

Rev, never underestimate the power of the KE Forum Wink

Cheryl-Philly

Posted: 14 April 2006 at 1:10pm |

Welcome Egle. It's always nice to see someone else appreciate Kurt's artistry.

Rev - That URL made me unpacked my fancy new camera this morning and actually use it -- once Smile LOL (Ok, so you won't have any competition from me)

MaryLynn

Posted: 14 April 2006 at 7:20pm |

Hi Kurt-people!
Rev... yeah, your portfolio is cool. It's great to see who we are!

Rev

Posted: 15 April 2006 at 12:46am |

Yours too MaryLynn-except that It's not showing up from this link. I've just seen it before. I like the expecting ones.

jazzyguy

Posted: 15 April 2006 at 2:38am |

Hello all from the Pacific Northwest (about 25 mins south of Seattle to be specific). Some dang delightful people on this forum. Hey P+T Smile

Have you all seen this cool pic of KE before?

kick-butt photographer - check out his other work on his
website

All Best

Audrey

Posted: 15 April 2006 at 11:41pm |

Hello jazz_girl, jazzyguy and Egle. Welcome. My name is Audrey. I've been a fan of KE and the guys for a number of years. Finally saw them LIVE last December 2005 in Los Angeles. Trying to catch them at the Green Mill for the Chicago experience. One day. Hey, P+T, hope all is well. And yes, jazzyguy, that photo of Kurt is "kick-butt."

Michelle

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 9:16am |

Top of the Easter morning to you new and old members/guests! Rev - your sight is a very interesting one indeed!!!! The picture of that man's back**** was ummmmmmmmm!!!!!

It's all good though - Rev! Must run - late for a very important date.

Michele

ChefBoy

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 8:16pm |

Hi, I'm new here. I've been a fan of KE cerca 2003. Only seen him live once at Birdland (with my pop), but it was by far the best liver performance ever.

emort

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 1:06pm |

hello all kurtski fans!!

great forum. reallly enjoy the give and take and info.

thanks!!

dana

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 2:58pm |

Gee, I guess I've been away from this site for a while. Isn't it nice and spiffy now! Anyway, quick hello to everyone out there. I thought I heard KE had put out a new release. But then too, I mainly listen to the radio in the morning, and I might have been dreaming.

rev

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:44pm |

Gotta be the "Take 5" with Al Jareau you heard about, Dana. See the "Take
5" and "Legends of Jazz" threads on the forum for more on it.

Raphael Civille

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 10:57pm |

Hi, my name is Raphael Civille, im an architecture student and trumpet player here in São Paulo, Brazil - All the best !!!

Kenevey

Posted: 19 April 2006 at 7:47am |

Greetings from Ireland,
I'm a long time fan, first time registerererer
I'm all over www.kenevey.com

always cool to see so many Kurt fans, and see the man himself taking part

MaryLynn

Posted: 19 April 2006 at 8:16am |

Rev... Yes, my website had some problems. A new version is up and
running now even tho I've gotta make some changes. Lotsa maternity
here.
Finally saw the 'Legends of Jazz' thing with Al. Always hoping Kurt & Co.
will come to Denver and do two shows!

Cha Cha

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 12:30pm |

Hi,

I'm Cha Cha from Astoria, NY. Been visiting the Forum for a while, but just registered today.

Looking forward to Kurt's Birdland gig in June, around JVC Jazz Festival time--he was incredible the last time he was there a few months back.

jazzyguy

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 7:15pm |

kenevey - enjoyed checking out your site. Congrats on the record deal with Candid - that's huge!

signpost

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 2:47pm |

Yay! for a newly formatted forum. This software (whatever it is called) seems to be pretty popular. Many of the forums that I've seen and visited recently are using this same software.

But anyway, it's good to be here.

Diana

Posted: 29 April 2006 at 9:55am |

It's really great to see so many other Kurt Elling fans. I'm not new to the forum, but this is only my second time posting. Just wanted to say hi to my fellow Kurtski lovers!!

jazz_girl

Posted: 30 April 2006 at 8:16pm | IP Logged

Yay! I'm so glad people people replied to this thread!

Doc Clardy

Posted: 01 May 2006 at 9:29am | IP Logged

Well.....Im DocClardy!!!

KE fan.........wine conisuerr.....professor......retired playa!!!

LOL!!!

Retired playa *lol*

Will Wyatt

Posted: 05 May 2006 at 4:14pm |

Howdy from Texas.

I was a Kurt Elling fan 'til my daughter and I heard him at Birdland in January.

At that point I became a "Rabid Kurt Elling Fan". I was incredibly impressed with his musicality, his stage presence and his easy way with the audience.

I'm an amatuer jazz singer, (glad I've got my day job Wink ) and listening to Kurt is a real inspiration.

Will Wyatt

time2sing

Posted: 05 June 2006 at 10:32pm |

Hello all, I'm a jazz singer, mom, artist, music teacher. . .budding psychotherapist/healer....looking forward to studying with Kurt here in PT at the Centrum jazz workshop. I'm practicing more than ever to get prepared for this incredible oppotunity!! Hearing Kurt last year at the jazz festival totally blew me away--i still get goosebumps when i hear him sing on the CDs, Love LH's piano playing too

--hearing Kurt was a huge inspiration that got me back to the music again after period of feeling blah about singing...

dadaddyman

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 4:00am |

Hi folks, my name's bayo, and I'm an Elling-holic. I'm sooo glad to see that this sesction of the site's been remodeled. I'de been wanting a more community oriented environment in here somewhere, where those from near and far who share the love of kurt's music, could come share their experiences, stories, etc as an active community...as opposed to strangers on the internet highway. I'm digging this!

Barbara

Posted: 12 June 2006 at 2:11pm |

Hi, my name is Barbara (no--really--that's my real name!) I discovered Kurt's music this past fall when I heard "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" on my local jazz station, KCSM, and immediately sent off for "Live in Chicago" from Amazon. I took my husband to see Kurt perform in April at Monterey Live, a wonderful, wonderful experience. I'm considering going to Monterey Jazz Fest for the very first time this coming September!

And I just joined the forum today Smile

mjr.

Posted: 12 June 2006 at 4:38pm |

Barbara, Welcome to this forum and yes, thank the gods for local jazz
stations. I also heard Kurt Elling for the first on a (public) radio broadcast
out of Boston. It was "My Foolish Heart" from Live In Chicago and I said to
myself, "who is that cat?". I am looking forward to hearing the group live
in NYC this Wednesday evening and next Monday evening near Boston!

Haggai1.5

Posted: 16 June 2006 at 8:26am |

Hello. My name is J. D. Parker. I am a hospice chaplain in NYC, covering Manhattan and the Bronx. I listen to jazz as a way to unwind after a hard day. The Kurtski is one of the best "unwinders" in my jazz library. I hope to unwind on 17 Jun 06 at Birdland!

ian bain

Just picked up on Kurt
Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:18 am
Just picked up on Kurt after hearing him on BBC Radio 2 Jamie Cullen show singing Joe Jacksons 'Stepping out' Fantastic Rendition !!!

Though I would check out his web site and see if he would be across in my neck of the woods ever.............................and guess what he is on the 13th March in Stirling Scotland..................tickets booked and really looking forward to hearing the man in person Laughing

Anonymous

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:47 am
The Elling pilgrimage started by chance - the link on UK's BBC Breakfast and the impromtu renditions blew me away - got tickets - just for the Barbican! Amazing - spoiled somewhat by a group of numbnuts behind us who had split from there friends - a quiet ssshhh sufficed - great company -the lady on my right had come from New York and was going to Palm Springs to see the man himself again - if only !!

Fans in the bookstore and at the CD table had come from Norway and Greece - wow! Why did't you left your guys jam with the Scottish Jazz Orchestra ?

A precious and special evening enhanced by the BBC Scotland link - thanks to Facebook - God Bless you Kurt and your sincere thoughts of Japan - those poor children ...................

Cecilie Juvodden

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:22 pm
I also travel a lot, so i would like to "copy" the idea of pictures from hotel windows. Smile

original: jazz_girl wrote:
The jazz_girl started this great thread with the idea of having all the new and returning members introduce themselves a bit. So here's the original thread for your scrolling pleasure! Please continue to add to it!

INTRODUCE YOURSELF THREAD

jazz_girl

Posted: 11 April 2006 at 11:24pm |

Hi everyone!

I thought this could be a thread to introduce yourselves if you are new to the forum! I have been a Kurt fan for a while and I was on the old forum but didnt post overly much! Just wanted to say hi!

Cheers

Jilly

Rev

Posted: 12 April 2006 at 12:15am |

Okay.
Hi, I'm Rev, and this is where I shoot off my fat mouth.

jazz_girl

Posted: 12 April 2006 at 1:03am |

Hi Rev!

Cheryl-Philly

Posted: 13 April 2006 at 12:12pm |

Hi Jazz_Girl,
Hi Rev,

I'm Cheryl from Philly. I'm not new to the forum either, but it's nice to get to know your "neighbors" Smile

Rev - nice portfolio.

C.

Egle

Posted: 13 April 2006 at 12:49pm |

Hello everyone:)
i'd like to exchange greetings and say that it was really great to hear Kurt singing in my country yesterday:)oh, so nice:)

Rev

Posted: 13 April 2006 at 6:48pm |

Thanks Cheryl! I didn't realize I'd
get so much advertising by including that url in my profile.

DamonC

Posted: 14 April 2006 at 1:08pm |

Rev, never underestimate the power of the KE Forum Wink

Cheryl-Philly

Posted: 14 April 2006 at 1:10pm |

Welcome Egle. It's always nice to see someone else appreciate Kurt's artistry.

Rev - That URL made me unpacked my fancy new camera this morning and actually use it -- once Smile LOL (Ok, so you won't have any competition from me)

MaryLynn

Posted: 14 April 2006 at 7:20pm |

Hi Kurt-people!
Rev... yeah, your portfolio is cool. It's great to see who we are!

Rev

Posted: 15 April 2006 at 12:46am |

Yours too MaryLynn-except that It's not showing up from this link. I've just seen it before. I like the expecting ones.

jazzyguy

Posted: 15 April 2006 at 2:38am |

Hello all from the Pacific Northwest (about 25 mins south of Seattle to be specific). Some dang delightful people on this forum. Hey P+T Smile

Have you all seen this cool pic of KE before?

kick-butt photographer - check out his other work on his
website

All Best

Audrey

Posted: 15 April 2006 at 11:41pm |

Hello jazz_girl, jazzyguy and Egle. Welcome. My name is Audrey. I've been a fan of KE and the guys for a number of years. Finally saw them LIVE last December 2005 in Los Angeles. Trying to catch them at the Green Mill for the Chicago experience. One day. Hey, P+T, hope all is well. And yes, jazzyguy, that photo of Kurt is "kick-butt."

Michelle

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 9:16am |

Top of the Easter morning to you new and old members/guests! Rev - your sight is a very interesting one indeed!!!! The picture of that man's back**** was ummmmmmmmm!!!!!

It's all good though - Rev! Must run - late for a very important date.

Michele

ChefBoy

Posted: 16 April 2006 at 8:16pm |

Hi, I'm new here. I've been a fan of KE cerca 2003. Only seen him live once at Birdland (with my pop), but it was by far the best liver performance ever.

emort

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 1:06pm |

hello all kurtski fans!!

great forum. reallly enjoy the give and take and info.

thanks!!

dana

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 2:58pm |

Gee, I guess I've been away from this site for a while. Isn't it nice and spiffy now! Anyway, quick hello to everyone out there. I thought I heard KE had put out a new release. But then too, I mainly listen to the radio in the morning, and I might have been dreaming.

rev

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 6:44pm |

Gotta be the "Take 5" with Al Jareau you heard about, Dana. See the "Take
5" and "Legends of Jazz" threads on the forum for more on it.

Raphael Civille

Posted: 18 April 2006 at 10:57pm |

Hi, my name is Raphael Civille, im an architecture student and trumpet player here in São Paulo, Brazil - All the best !!!

Kenevey

Posted: 19 April 2006 at 7:47am |

Greetings from Ireland,
I'm a long time fan, first time registerererer
I'm all over www.kenevey.com

always cool to see so many Kurt fans, and see the man himself taking part

MaryLynn

Posted: 19 April 2006 at 8:16am |

Rev... Yes, my website had some problems. A new version is up and
running now even tho I've gotta make some changes. Lotsa maternity
here.
Finally saw the 'Legends of Jazz' thing with Al. Always hoping Kurt & Co.
will come to Denver and do two shows!

Cha Cha

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 12:30pm |

Hi,

I'm Cha Cha from Astoria, NY. Been visiting the Forum for a while, but just registered today.

Looking forward to Kurt's Birdland gig in June, around JVC Jazz Festival time--he was incredible the last time he was there a few months back.

jazzyguy

Posted: 20 April 2006 at 7:15pm |

kenevey - enjoyed checking out your site. Congrats on the record deal with Candid - that's huge!

signpost

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 2:47pm |

Yay! for a newly formatted forum. This software (whatever it is called) seems to be pretty popular. Many of the forums that I've seen and visited recently are using this same software.

But anyway, it's good to be here.

Diana

Posted: 29 April 2006 at 9:55am |

It's really great to see so many other Kurt Elling fans. I'm not new to the forum, but this is only my second time posting. Just wanted to say hi to my fellow Kurtski lovers!!

jazz_girl

Posted: 30 April 2006 at 8:16pm | IP Logged

Yay! I'm so glad people people replied to this thread!

Doc Clardy

Posted: 01 May 2006 at 9:29am | IP Logged

Well.....Im DocClardy!!!

KE fan.........wine conisuerr.....professor......retired playa!!!

LOL!!!

Retired playa *lol*

Will Wyatt

Posted: 05 May 2006 at 4:14pm |

Howdy from Texas.

I was a Kurt Elling fan 'til my daughter and I heard him at Birdland in January.

At that point I became a "Rabid Kurt Elling Fan". I was incredibly impressed with his musicality, his stage presence and his easy way with the audience.

I'm an amatuer jazz singer, (glad I've got my day job Wink ) and listening to Kurt is a real inspiration.

Will Wyatt

time2sing

Posted: 05 June 2006 at 10:32pm |

Hello all, I'm a jazz singer, mom, artist, music teacher. . .budding psychotherapist/healer....looking forward to studying with Kurt here in PT at the Centrum jazz workshop. I'm practicing more than ever to get prepared for this incredible oppotunity!! Hearing Kurt last year at the jazz festival totally blew me away--i still get goosebumps when i hear him sing on the CDs, Love LH's piano playing too

--hearing Kurt was a huge inspiration that got me back to the music again after period of feeling blah about singing...

dadaddyman

Posted: 10 June 2006 at 4:00am |

Hi folks, my name's bayo, and I'm an Elling-holic. I'm sooo glad to see that this sesction of the site's been remodeled. I'de been wanting a more community oriented environment in here somewhere, where those from near and far who share the love of kurt's music, could come share their experiences, stories, etc as an active community...as opposed to strangers on the internet highway. I'm digging this!

Barbara

Posted: 12 June 2006 at 2:11pm |

Hi, my name is Barbara (no--really--that's my real name!) I discovered Kurt's music this past fall when I heard "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" on my local jazz station, KCSM, and immediately sent off for "Live in Chicago" from Amazon. I took my husband to see Kurt perform in April at Monterey Live, a wonderful, wonderful experience. I'm considering going to Monterey Jazz Fest for the very first time this coming September!

And I just joined the forum today Smile

mjr.

Posted: 12 June 2006 at 4:38pm |

Barbara, Welcome to this forum and yes, thank the gods for local jazz
stations. I also heard Kurt Elling for the first on a (public) radio broadcast
out of Boston. It was "My Foolish Heart" from Live In Chicago and I said to
myself, "who is that cat?". I am looking forward to hearing the group live
in NYC this Wednesday evening and next Monday evening near Boston!

Haggai1.5

Posted: 16 June 2006 at 8:26am |

Hello. My name is J. D. Parker. I am a hospice chaplain in NYC, covering Manhattan and the Bronx. I listen to jazz as a way to unwind after a hard day. The Kurtski is one of the best "unwinders" in my jazz library. I hope to unwind on 17 Jun 06 at Birdland!

jiminmacomb

Concert in macomb for Al Sears Jazz Fest
Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:24 pm
Fantastic, fantastic performance tonight.

I really enjoyed every piece, but especially the Samurai Cowboy, the one about the Moth and moon, and Golden Lady.

And I can't believe you covered a King Crimson song on your album. I wish you had done it as well tonight. But, can't have everything.

I am sorry that I didn't know your music before. I'm a fan now. Thanks for stopping by!

P.S. My mom really did love it. Thanks for blessing her as well.

Audrey

Welcome to all the new people
Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:57 pm
Hi,
It has been a long time, I know. I've had so much happen this year, I don't know where to start. Anyway, I found one of my relatives after searching for almost a decade, I had to quit my job for health reasons, and I'm still going to the jazz shows.

Anyway, welcome to all the new members of the forum. I've been a fan of Kurt's since 2008 and his music is incredible.

Gotta run.
Take care.

Till next time.

jazz_girl

Still going strong!
Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:58 pm
I love that this thread is still pinned at the top.

jazz_girl

(My real name is Jilly and I'm still a HUGE Kurt fan).

Mike

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:35 am
I think I have presented here before, but since the forum was renewed, I will repeat it again. My name is Mike, I'm from Germany / Dusseldorf and am 20 years old. Since 2008 when my uncle from San Francisco gave me the "Night Moves" CD as a gift I am a huge Kurt fan. I've seen him twice now . In November 2011 in Leverkusen and in May 2012 in Dortmund. Both brilliant concert! In December I'm going to Cologne and see Kurt with the WDR Big Band. I am really looking forward to the concert!

Audrey

Hi all...The Quiet One Returns.
Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:18 am
Hi,
I have to get back here more often. Everytime I want to, life has a way of taking over. Smile

Anyway, it's Audrey here. I've been a fan for almost 5 years. Kurt has become my favorite singer of all time. His voice is just incredible. It's been a couple of years since I've seen him live. He puts on an incredible live show. I always enjoy it when I go to see him.

Hopefully life will calm down enough for me to visit a little more often.

To Mike: Enjoy the concert.

Sincerely,
Audrey (aka the quiet one)

Mike

Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:34 pm
One question: How can I edit my personal photo?

time2sing

RE TIme 2 SING, back from NDE
Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:13 am
Hi This is Kim Rushing of Seattle AKA "TIME 2 SING" I am a singer, music teacher, songwriter, visual and fabric artist. Mom and wife. Lover of life.

About a year ago, a decline in my health occurred. I had been fatigued for many years, but in November, could no longer drag myself to work.

In late February, Close to death, I was hospitalized and diagnosed in mid March. I have a rare form of Vasculitis known as GPA or
Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis. (see also: Wegener's Disease, which desgination is being removed, due to Wegener's Nazi activity)

Prior to 1970, when effective drug therapy was discovered (chemotherapy and prednisone), everyone with this disease died within a year.

In mid August, I had surgery to open up scar tissue that was blocking my trachea, 1 cm below my vocal cords (YIKES!!) Surgery successful,

Throat very sore, but I can sing some, and hope that in time, I'll be able to do a gig again!

I have a blog and crowdfunding site at this address:

www.gofundme.com/2riodk

I AM SO GRATEFUL to BE ALIVE!!

jazzman99

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:48 am
Hi! I've been a member for a few months, but I've never introduced myself. I play the trumpet/flugelhorn/cornet and love it. If anyone ever needs a horn man for an album, I would love to help. I've been a fan of Mr. Elling four about six or seven years, and I'm pumped to go to his Passionworld concert in February, and I hope to see you cats there! I'm glad to be here and surround myself with good music and the cool dudes who live it and love it also!

vendredi

Sat May 16, 2015 11:18 am
Hello,

I'm Ferdinand and I live in the Netherlands. I'm a fan of Kurt since I saw and heard him at the North Sea Jazz Festival here in Rotterdam, in 2012. Some excerpts from that concert can be found on YouTube.
I still listen to that concert (it was also broadcast on Dutch internet Radio) and use it as an inspiration for my own singing (I'm an amateur, singing in an big band).

My girlfriend treated me last December to a Christmas concert by Kurt at the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam. Though a bit cheesy compared to the 2012 concert, still great to hear him perform with a big band.

My initial reason to join this forum is to get the title of one of the songs in the concert (see My First Post). But hey, who knows what else it will bring?

Kind regards,

Ferdinand.

karina

Tue May 19, 2015 6:36 pm
We're so used to seeing that sticky thread up there that we don't even notice there's new people around.

Welcome...

Page 7 of 8 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next