Register    Log in  Reply Start A New Topic View Topics
 Author   Message 
CHRISHUME

SEEING KE FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!
Sun May 16, 2010 12:17 pm
Chris - amateur musician and life long music lover Newcastle UK

Ive been listening and loving Kurts music for many years now, but finally I am so thrilled to say I am going to be seeing him live for the first time at the legendary Ronnie Scotts!!!!!! its a long way for me to travel- overnight stay etc but its gonna be worth every penny

atroi

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:23 am
Dave wrote:
Hi

My names Dave living in the UK and i had the greatest pleasure in seeing Mr Elling perform at Birdland when i was on a tour of New orleans and New York earlier this year.

I embrace all forms of music and spend much of my time listening to and following the UK artist Jamie Cullum.

Will be seeing Kurt play at Pizza Express in London on November the 14th and had a table for ten booked LONG before it was publicised. So thrilled to have my good friends from the UK and US join me at the table.

Though at the minute ive three spare seats become available. So before i put them back in the hands of Pizza express....does anyone need them ?

Thought i'd check with REAL fans first....just incase anyone had missed out.

why did you never tell me? I´d loved to have been invited, ah well....you obviously had your reasons, right?

CHRISHUME

SEEING KE FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!
Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:19 pm
Just to let everyone interested know, I managed to see KE for the first (and second) time live last week, at Ronnie Scotts and all I can say is WOW!!!! not only the greatest vocalist and also by far the greatest jazz piano player out there at the mo .....but I can confirm having met and spent some time with both guys they are wonderful cool, and truly amenable fellas too. Spoke at length with KE (Chris from Newcastle by the way - we travelled 300 miles to see the show- remember Kurt!!!!!) plus the big news and I hope Im not speaking out of line here Kurt, but I can confirm (because he told me so ) that Golden Lady will be on the new album!!!!!! Plus the version of Norwegian Wood will blow everyone away
I always dreamt of seeing Kurt one day and really hoped it would be at Ronnie Scotts- but to get to meet and spend time with him- thats just more than I could have ever dreamt of Thanks Kurt - roll on next time eh!!

P+T

Excellent news!
Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:05 pm
Hey Chris, we're delighted that you got to see -- and talk with -- Kurt & Laurence at Ronnie Scott's! Karina kindly quoted your comment in the new topic thread on the KE Quintet's European tour below. Please join us there and tell us *more* about what you heard, what they played, and any other stories you care to share. Thanks!

Audrey

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:41 am
I just wanted to drop by and welcome all the new members. I've been AWOL for most of this year but mainly because my job has gone thru some major changes and I'm doing more work than ever. My time is basically for work and travel on the weekends.

I do hope you enjoy your stay here.

Audrey
the extremely quiet one.

Alessio

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:04 am
Hi, everyone!
My name is Alessio, I'm from Italy
First of all i'm sorry for my english, but i'll try to explain me in the better way i can.

I'm a singer and i Like to sing the Kurt songs's; I know, is ambitious! I think it is impossible to control my voice as he does ... I'll try it anyway.

I hope to share with all you a lot of experiences and a lot of passion for the music and in special way for this great man with this incredible voice.

Ciao!

birdismygod

Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:23 am
Hey everyone,
I'm a music student and a huge supporter and player of this fine art form. I'm a horn player turned singer/still a horn player. I look forward to discussing and sharing with all of you!

To start off the sharing, I would love to share with you an example of how great the man we all are here for is.
I went to school in Chicago for a year in 2008-2009 and Kurt was playing at the Green Mill. I of course had to go see the man! I get on the Red line to go uptown and once I'm there, realize that an 18 year old cant get into a 21 and over club. How do I solve this problem? Of course, stand at the side door on a fairly chilly night!

The shivers went away once the set started and the music immediately warmed me to the core. I won't go into too much detail, but it was an awesome first set. On the break, while I was loitering, staring at the ground processing what I just heard when a I saw a hand reaching out to shake my own. The owner of that hand was none other than Kurt, who smiled and said, "Hey man, I like your style." Needless to say, after speaking with Kurt for awhile I was inspired by his kindness and encouragement. So inspired I got home and practiced till the sun came up!

Thank you Kurt! Hope to see you live again very soon!

Anonymous

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:51 am
I am newcomer.

SA fan

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:45 am
Hi to all from sunny South Africa

After having bought the Live in Chicago a couple of years ago after a recommendation from a colleague, there has been no turning back. I have become a huge Kurt Elling fan and each time I listen to my KE cds, I am more and more impressed. I've got to get to a live KE show in 2011! Until then I patiently await for The Gate. I am also pleased to hear of the new projects in the pipeline.

lajazzhot

Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:33 pm
Hi My name is Colin I'm from Edinburgh, Scotland a keen Jazz Musician and Vocalist. Kurt came to my attention a couple of years ago, just an amazing talent. Looking forward to seeing him live for the first time when he comes to Edinburgh in March.

cyoungdahl

Excited to see Kurt on 2/13 in Cleveland
Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:56 pm
Hello All,
My name is Carol and I am a huge KE fan. I first heard of him in the late nineties when I subscribed to Jazziz magazine. There was a CD in every issue and one had a recording of him. Don't remember now what it was, and can't find the CD (darn!) but it was part poetry reading/part song. I liked it, but life was busy then and I didn't pursue listening to him as an artist at the time.

Zoom to the recent past: I was listening to a Jazz station while on the road and heard 'Winelight'. I instantly knew who was singing it, and as soon as I could, started searching youtube for more. Wow, I was completely blown away by Kurt's artistry and have listened to everything out there. He's done alot since I first heard him!

I have a friend who's a jazz enthusiast and has seen KE before. When I told him I'd like to see Elling in concert, he made arrangements for us to see him in Cleveland, OH at Nighttown. I am so excited! I hear it's a very intimate setting, and hope to be right up front.

Cheers!

Bryan

Steppin' out
Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:27 pm
Hi everybody!

My name's Bryan. 22 years old, and absolutely hooked on Kurt. I'm posting from Australia, where the Gate was released only a short while ago. I can't wait to receive a copy!

Kurt exploded into my musical consciousness when he first came to Australia with Laurence, Rob and Kobie, and performed with the Sydney Symphony at the Opera House in 2008. Unfortunately, I wasn't there! I caught a glimpse of it on TV, and was completely drawn in. I dragged my siblings into the room to hear the amazingness for themselves, and since then, the whole family have been devout Kurtskis, have built up a collection, and been promoting KE and his quartet to friends and family everywhere haha.

We were recently privileged to listen to, see, absorb and meet Kurt at the Opera House when he came down to sing songs from Dedicated to You (plus a few amazing extras) for his Australian fans. I'm not sure I will ever be treated to a better musical experience! (until next time we cross paths hehe) Moreover, Kurt, Laurence and Ulysees were so gracious, and it was such a pleasure meeting them after the somewhat extended set (we did our best to express our appreciation, calling them back for three or four encores, to a seemingly unending standing ovation).

Can't wait to see you again! Great to find a place to share in the appreciation of Kurt.

Bryan

vanessa

Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi,
I`m Vanessa from Poland. I`m new here, but Kurt is my vocal hero since first gig in Poland in 2005.
Greetings to all Kurt `s people. Very Happy

JazzSailor

Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:18 pm
vanessa wrote:

Hi,
I`m Vanessa from Poland. I`m new here, but Kurt is my vocal hero since first gig in Poland in 2005.
Greetings to all Kurt `s people. Very Happy

Hi, Vanessa

I live in Chicago and want to suggest to you to also check out a Polish jazz singer that also plays at the Green Mill quite often...her name is Grazyna Auguscik...John McLean who is touring with Kurt and is on the new CD has played with her many times. She returns to Poland and tours so keep your eye out for her. She is wonderful.

vanessa

Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:40 am
Alessio wrote:
Hi, everyone!
My name is Alessio, I'm from Italy
First of all i'm sorry for my english, but i'll try to explain me in the better way i can.

I'm a singer and i Like to sing the Kurt songs's; I know, is ambitious! I think it is impossible to control my voice as he does ... I'll try it anyway.

I hope to share with all you a lot of experiences and a lot of passion for the music and in special way for this great man with this incredible voice.

Ciao!

I would like to hear it, really. You are couregeous man Rolling Eyes
Vanessa, Poland

Page 6 of 8 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next