Register    Log in  Reply Start A New Topic View Topics
 Author   Message 
Rick Hammond

The Beautiful Day: Kurt Elling Sings Christmas - out Oct 28!
Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:12 pm
I see on KE's touring page a CD release gig for "The Beautiful Day". Is this a new work which will be released in the Fall? Any info on it?

P+T

The Beautiful Day
Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:27 pm
Thanks for asking, Rick!

Yes, The Beautiful Day is a new album that will be released some time in October, with the CD Release Celebration at New York's Birdland at the end of the month.

It's a Quintet recording with Kurt Elling, voice; Stu Mindeman, piano; Clark Sommers, bass; John McLean, guitar; and Kendrick Scott, drums.

This is Kurt's long-awaited "Christmas album" that's unlike the usual holiday fare.

Look for more information about The Beautiful Day around the end of September or so. And of course, faithful Forum fans will be among the first to hear about it then.

Merry, merry!

~Trudy Cool

Solan49

Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:22 am
Hi everybody! I hope you are having a wonderful summer!

I´m really looking forward to this new CD release! Perhaps i can buy it on November 4 when Kurt performs in Stockholm! Can´t wait, even if the summer here in Stockholm is so fantastic with a lot of sun and not much rain!

Hugs to all Forum friends!
Solveig

Rogobob77

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:31 pm
Here's a list of the songs on the new CD being released on Friday:

1. Sing a Christmas Carol
2. Wenceslaus (Image I)
3. Star of Wonder
4. We Three Kings
5. Christmas Children
6. Wenceslaus (Image II)
7. Some Children See Him
8. Little Drummer Boy
9. Wenceslaus (Image III)
10. The Michigan Farm (Cradle Song, Op. 41/1)
11. The Snow is Deep on the Ground / Snowfall
12. Same Old Lang Syne
13. This Christmas
14. The Beautiful Day

mjr

The Beautiful Day
Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:14 am
I just heard a preview of music from The Beautiful Day for the 1st time. I'm waiting for the disc to arrive in the mail today. I notice a beautiful little voice and I said to myself, "I wonder if that's Kurt's daughter"? So I checked the liner notes on the web page and it is. I know which track I will be listening to first when I get home this evening. #unexpected

P+T

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:38 am
mjr, yes indeed, Luiza duets with Kurt on The Beautiful Day, the final track on this glorious recording - and it's beautiful. A pure, innocent quality shines through the song.

More information to come later today and over the weekend about this wonderful/star-of-wonder-filled album. Gorgeous arrangements and surprising selections. Listen to the tracks in order after you check out the duet. There's a sequence to it that makes it ... more (not sure quite how to put that so it makes sense).

For now, check out OKeh Records' master link for previewing, buying, downloading, and streaming:

http://Okeh.lnk.to/KE-BeautifulDay

(And just between us, there are also static videos for all tracks on YouTube - but not available in all countries.)

Looking forward to hearing what you think/feel after hearing the whole thing!

~ Trudy Cool

GeoffC

A Beautiful Day indeed
Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:00 pm
I have just received my copy of this CD and it is a wonderful celebration of the Christmas season with beautiful harmonies and refreshing jazz arrangements of traditional and new songs. It will be a lovely complement to our present opening on Christmas morning.

iqpilates

Beautiful Day
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:12 am
I LOVE this recording! Can't play it enough around the holidays.

Page 1 of 1